I’m talking about MARRIED LOVE.
Does this mean I don’t want single folks here?
Does this mean if you’re not in love with your spouse you can’t participate?
Does this mean if you’re divorced, you’re out?
A resounding NO to all three questions!
I’m focusing on MARRIED LOVE because our society, our media, our world has opted to separate the two. We see it all over the place. “Love” without marriage. Marriage without love. Carnality mislabeled as love. And even romance disguised as love.
But we don’t see enough of the kind of love on which marriage is built.
“Love is not passion. It is the pulse of sacrifice.“
February, then, I’m talkin’ about love, love, love.
- All You Need Is Love is a series of posts about…wait for it…wait for it…MARRIED LOVE! We’re going to cover topics like romance and romance novels, affairs and other forms of infidelity, praying for your spouse (future, present, or past), and investing in our marriages (future, present, or past). I’ll include links to amazing websites and blogs like Ann Voskamp’s, with a primary focus on love in marriage.
- Elderberry Croft, Part 2: February Embers will be published here on February 10th, just in time for Valentine’s Day. In February Embers, we get a glimpse inside the lives of Patti and Richard Davis, and how love can suffer through seasons of being untended, dying back to only embers, waiting for a breath of fresh air to re-ignite it into new life.
- I’ll also share a few stories about sisters and marriage. Wild stuff out there!
- I’ll be reviewing and giving away a copy of Joanne Bischof’s beautiful debut book, Be Still My Soul, on Monday, the 18th, then interviewing Joanne and talking about the next book in her Cadence of Grace Series, Though My Heart is Torn. And yes, it’s all about MARRIED LOVE.
- And a few miscellaneous posts, to boot!