Happy New Year! We survived the end of the world and now we have our whole lives ahead of us!
So what now?????
I’m going to write more, that’s for sure. And I’m going to read more; both to myself and with my friends and family.
I’m also going to blog less. There’s a reason blog rhymes with bog, don’t you think? Blogging is necessary for a writer, both for discipline AND for interacting with our peeps. But after taking the month of December off from nearly all social media, I discovered that I actually LIKED getting fewer posts from the many blogs I follow. It made me WANT to read what they wrote when I only checked in once a week. I certainly didn’t FORGET anyone; oh no! In fact, it validated the old adage, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” for me.
What’s in store for me in the coming months, then?
- On the third Monday of each month, I will be posting a book review WITH a book giveaway.
- I’m writing a 4-book series about sisters, The Gustafson Girls, and while on the journey toward publication, I will continue to post fun and true stories about sisters as I come across them. Most of these will be gathered from around the web, or from other bloggers/writers who generously share their stories with us.
- Wielding the Word. As a warrior princess for the KINGDOM, I must daily practice wielding the Word of God. I’ll share His whispers if He nudges me to do so. I love the way His voice echoes in the bones, don’t you?
- I will also share with you some of my favorite websites and blogs each month.
- In honor of this second chance at life we’ve all been given, I’ll be focusing on updating my website and its contents quite dramatically over the year. Please stick around for these changes – I’m very excited about what’s coming!
And for my BIGGEST WEBSITE ENDEAVOR OF THE YEAR:
Here on my website, I’m writing a serial called Elderberry Croft. On the 10th of each month, I’ll post a new installment about the mysterious Willow Goodhope of Elderberry Croft as told through the words of her neighbors.
The residents of The Stage Coach Trailer Park are as run down as the park itself. So when Willow Goodhope moves in, breathing new life into everyone around her, they can’t help but wonder at the sadness that hovers at the back of her violet eyes.
The first installment, Part 1: January Breeze, is coming in three days!
I’m looking forward to what the Lord has in store for 2013, and I’m so glad I get to share this year with you!